- The format of the 30 minutes will always be the same. The first 10 minutes are
for YOUR agenda - anything you want to tell me, about anything. Your work, your family, your pets, your hobby, your challenges, your career, our working together. The primary focus of this meeting is going to be YOU.
- The middle ten minutes are for me, to share whatever I need to with you. We’ll
probably talk about projects you and I are working on, stuff I need from you, and things I’ve heard from up above.
-The last 10 minutes are for us to talk about the future - your career, training, development, opportunities, etc. In my experience, a lot of the time you’ll take 15 minutes, and I will too, so we won’t get to the last segment. But that’s okay, if we’ve covered what YOU want to cover, and I get a few minutes.
Some Tips and General thoughts:
- Your section doesn’t have to be, nor should it be, a status report about current projects. I can always check in with you, your tech lead, or JIRA if I need a status update.
- If you want to talk about your current project or a recent issue, thats great, but it doesn’t have to be the central part if you don’t want it to be
- I will try not to cancel our one-on-ones, occasionally I will have to because of other demands, hold me accountable if I do it frequently
- If you need to talk to me outside of the 1-1 ping me on slack or put something on my schedule
- Bringing an agenda or set of topics you want to talk about is encouraged