Buying a house
- Prequal before you begin shopping for the house
- Even better shop your loan once you have a rough budget and before you start shopping
- Loan signing day will require about an hour if you don’t read every doc, if you want to read everything ask for an advanced copy to save time.
- Securing the loan will require a multi phased process, a pre-qual where you will need about the same level of financial detail as applying for a credit card.
- After your offer is accepted, you will enter the underwriting process, which will require virtually every conceivable piece of financial info pertinent to your recent history (W2s, 1099s, Tax Transcripts, Bank account statements, loan statements, etc.)
- Tax transcripts for previous years can be obtained from the IRS website
- Notify utilities of the date of sale/move in